The Spanish service was just the cherry on top of a huge Sunday sundae. We had a guest speaker in the morning. His name is Julius Oyet, and he is a pastor from Uganda. He was visiting our church before leaving the country to return home. In Uganda he has seen countless miracles in his churches. The title of his message to us today was: "10 Secrets for Miracles." Great title, isn't it? I've decided to transcribe all of my notes out of my trusty little Moleskine onto this post. Keep in mind, most of this is verbatim.
A miracle is a supernatural intervention in the ordinary course of nature; a temporary suspension of the accustomed orders through the Spirit of God.
- Natural miracles: occurences that marvel our understanding but they do not temporarily alter the course of nature (flowers, sunrise with color rays, childbirth)
- Healing miracles: repairment of a damaged part of the body
- Supernatural miracles: This is done as the result of the gift of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:10). In this the law of nature is temporarily suspended as the supernatural intervention takes place.
10 Secrets for Miracles
- Bless the Lord. Psalm 103:1-6
- Remember His benefits. Psalm 103:2-6. Forgiveness, Healing, Provisions, Salvation, Families
- Believe it is God's will for you to receive a miracle. Matthew 8:2, Matthew 7:7-8, Numbers 23:19
- Name your desired miracle. Mark 10:51-52, Matthew 18:18-19
- Turn away from doubters. 2 Timothy 3:5
- Ask for your miracle in faith. Matthew 7:7-8. Make a demand on the ability of God. Reach for your miracle. Do not waver. James 1:6-7 (He gave examples of people in the Bible who did this, such as Jacob and blind Bartimaus.)
- Make an effort to catch your miracle. 2 Kings 4:21-30. Don't just sit there; do something!
- Talk power talk daily. Mark 9:23. (Basically don't defeat yourself and your faith by speaking negatively.)
- Turn your faith loose. Acts 14:8-10, Luke 17:13-14
- Never never never quit! Miracles are for those who persist on the promise of God. Mark 7:25-30, 2 Kings 4:30
- As long as you don't embarass sin (confess it out loud), it will be your master.
- Grace doesn't consider or measure. It is not fair.
- When you turn to God in faith, He comes to you in power. When faith is your diet, miracles become your lifestyle.