Tuesday, February 22, 2011

phone photo challenge.


Ever since I got my first iPhone three years ago, I have fallen in love with iPhoneography and the convenience of having something handy to take quick snapshots when a DSLR might not be readily available or practical. I quickly grew fascinated with my phone's photographic potential due to the large number of apps available in the Apple App Store. And I have had some good fortune with some of my shots, as they have been featured on other sites in the past, including the CameraBag site.

Many of my images last year during my 365 photo project were iPhonearoids, and this year for my Project 52 I include a link to my iPhonearoid of the week each week. This is the first time this year that I am entering an iPhone shot in a photo challenge. It is the I Heart Faces weekly photo challenge. I have wanted to enter one of their challenges for over a year, and have always somehow forgotten or gotten sidetracked with other things. Hopefully this will be the first of many I Heart Faces challenges that I will enter.

The above photo is, to date, my most popular post on Instagram, and one of my many popular posts on Posterous. It's my five year old Fro Magnum, back in October when we were on our AWESOME family vacation in Chicago (see my posts here and here), at the Navy Pier. This, of course, was long before we cut his hair.



This image is my entry into the I Heart Faces Cell Phone Photo Challege. It was shot and edited entirely with my iPhone.

12 comments:

photosbybenga.com said...

I think this is my FAV shot of this challenge! I love it!

Ashley Renee said...

love the reflection in the glasses!

Leila said...

i love this one sooo much!!! amazing! :)

Crystal said...

Amazing....I am in love :)

Adrienne Zwart said...

So cute! I love his smile.

Sharon said...

Greater shot! Amazing detail! Love it!

christina said...

favorite!! fantastic capture :)

Unknown said...

oh yeah..super cool. watch out, now that you entered an i heart faces challenge, you may have another addiction to join the iphoneography one :) Great shot and one adorable dude!

Leesha said...

very cute. Love the glasses!! :)

Anonymous said...

She looks so precocious! Very adorable. Love the glasses.

Anonymous said...

Love the capture and your baby is a cutie patootie.

oz said...

I LOVE this!! Such an awesome shot :)