Tuesday, August 29, 2006

out of the mouths of babes.

I love my son Bobby. He’s awesome.

He says the funniest things sometimes. I’ve decided to refer to them, affectionately, as “Bobbyisms.” Some Bobbyisms are just slips of the tongue; others are akin to Jack Handey’s “Deep Thoughts” of old. Here are a few Bobbyisms…

“So, what are you going to go over me with?” (said during school, when he meant to ask me, “What are you going to go over with me?”)

“What’s that old saying? ‘All lunches cost money?’ Or something like that? Or is it ‘Every lunch costs money?’”
He was referring to the adage, “There are no free lunches.”

“I’d rather pack my own lunch than buy the lunch that they serve [at the co-op that he attends twice a week]. Those lunches may carry a sickness and I wouldn’t want to catch it.”

“We were playing football outside today and the other team won. They were really good. The older kids would create an aversion and pass the ball to one of the little kids who would score the touchdown.”
I'm pretty sure he meant "diversion." He swears now that that's what he said.

He’s very articulate, but sometimes his brain flies ahead of his mouth.

A merry heart does good like a medicine, and my son's an excellent doctor.

No comments: