Sunday, December 31, 2006

remember.

As the clock is winding down on another year of life, I reflect on the lessons, the people, and the blessings that have come my way.

I was just starting to get to know my baby boy, who was only a month old this time last year.
My family was getting used to our new geographical surroundings, having relocated to this area in September of '05.
I began a new business--a school of my own where I can teach music privately. Since beginning in the summer, I have gone from one student to twelve. And what a blessing each student has been. I hope I have been a blessing to them too.

We had some financial struggles, but through them we learned what it really means to depend on the Lord, and were miraculously blessed and provided for. As a result, we no longer tremble with fear when some difficult circumstance comes our way.
I watched my now ten year-old learn how to swim.
We were given an old vehicle, which we drove until we couldn't drive it anymore, and were then blessed with a new vehicle, which was one that I had specifically asked for in prayer.

I was pushed out of my comfort zone, going on outreaches, preaching the Gospel in English and Spanish, in neighborhoods, trailer parks, and at high school football games. Seeing the fruit of those outings is tremendously humbling. I am so grateful to be a part of what's happening here.
We saw really cool healings, remarkable salvations, and were constantly encouraged in our walk with the Lord.

Seeing my son take his first steps at nine months old was a trip.
Celebrating his first birthday was so much fun. His first milestone birthday. It was my oldest son's milestone birthday as well, turning double digits. Hubby also had a milestone birthday, turning 30. No milestone for me, but it was cool to see the three men in my life mark important milestones in their lives.

We learned how to truly abide in the Lord, to soak in His presence. It is so much less work than I ever thought it was. So fewer "steps." We just sit, turn up the worship music, and soak. No wonder I never could seem to keep my peace before.
We had encounters with angels. I can't sufficiently describe how cool that was.

I could go on, but this would end up being a really long post.

No comments: