Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas cheer.

Well, here it is, not a week later, but a MONTH later!

Who knew I needed a month-long hiatus?

Apparently that's what I needed, because the three weeks after Thanksgiving and my son's birthday were spent nursing his illness, or my oldest son's illness, or MY illness. I couldn't even fully enjoy my own birthday on the 1st.

That's right. The three of us were dreadfully sick. And we kept re-infecting each other I guess, because it was about three weeks or so of straight misery before the baby's nose finally stopped running with slime. There were several days where at least one, if not all of us, were pretty much bedridden. I had trouble breathing for about a week and a half. Sudafed and Benadryl became fast friends of mine. Thank God my husband never caught it, whatever it was. It seems there was something horrendous going around; some of my students were sick too.

Fast forward to the past week, when we finally got our tree and decked our halls, got our Christmas shopping done, and took care of whatever else we needed to that didn't get taken care of yet this month. It was a blur. And now, here I am, about to don my Santa suit along with my husband and put the gifts under the tree before heading to bed.

Now that I'm feeling normal again, I've got to get cracking on all of the good stuff I had planned on posting this month. But for now, I will say Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments: