Tuesday, November 28, 2006

birthday baby.


This one has turned one.

Two minutes ago, he was staring up at me with swollen little eyes and a little beanie cap, meeting me face to face for the very first time. And I, in spite of my tiredness and even a bit of pain, was falling head over heels in love all over again, wondering what was in store for me and my life with this beautiful little one.

Now those two minutes have passed. He's so independent yet still dependent at the same time, wanting to discover how far is too far, how high is too high, how loud is too loud, how big is too big, how much is too much. All the while he knows I am right there if he needs me to catch him.

Well, honey, one day you will discover what's too far for you and maybe what's too loud for you, but I want you to know that you can never reach too high, dream too big, or love too much. In life there are limits, but the most important things are limitless. Our love for you is limitless. The joy you bring into our lives is limitless. Your potential is limitless. And the Lord's love and grace for you is limitless. He too is always right there to catch you.

How fortunate I am to have you in my life. I wish I could bundle up all of what I feel for you and give it to you as a birthday gift, but there isn't a box big enough in this universe. Only hugs, kisses, and these words will have to suffice: Mommy loves you.

Happy birthday boo.

No comments: