Saturday, June 12, 2010

day 275: grow.

Today's theme at Creative Boot Camp is "Grow."

Growing is certainly a part of life, isn't it?

I don't know how I feel about it right now.

I mean, I look at my children and they are growing so fast and I feel like I can't keep up and I wish that there was a way to slow it down a little and I want to savor every single moment I have with them and I get upset sometimes because I know I can't really do that TECHNICALLY because there are moments when I am not physically with them and there are other moments when we are all asleep and there are still other moments when it is just not possible, for whatever reason.

Then I look at the students that I teach and I get excited about watching how much they are growing in their studies but at the same time I lament the personal choices of some of them and I wish they would listen to me or any other adult that has wisdom to share with them but they don't because they think they know better because they are more grown up and they don't need any help or advice or instruction from anyone so what am I supposed to do when I have to sit and watch helplessly as some of them whom I have watched grow from little children are now marching like lemmings toward a proverbial cliff?

Then I think of how I, myself, am growing. Older.

And that's just weird because in my head I am still 27 years old but my knees are 36 years old and my hair is 36 years old and my eyes are 36 years old and well pretty much everything is 36 years old and 36 years old doesn't always FEEL quite as young as it may sound. To me, anyway. Because 36 years old sounds young. To me.

A lot of things run through my mind when I think of the topic of growing. It is a bittersweet topic.

I need to keep my mind on growing grass and gardens and trees and stuff like that. Note to self...

Digital Field Guide: spent the wee hours of the morning watching Zack Arias' Studio Lighting Workshop at Creative Live. And glad I did.

No comments: