Wednesday, June 30, 2010

pin it forward.


The lovely Victoria of sfgirlbybay has hosted another blogger mashup, called Pin it Forward! Similar to the Blog it Forward mashup that she hosted a few months ago and in which I participated, this one employs several bloggers over the course of several weeks sharing what inspires them. This time, we are sharing things that speak to us and say, "Home."

A little different this time is our mode of sharing the home-y things we love. We joined a site called Pinterest and created virtual inspiration boards, called "pinboards."

I have to admit, I didn't even start adding things to my pinboard until today, because my time has been spent doing a hundred other things. But I have to say, I love this site. I love the look of it, following other people's pinboards, the ease of adding things to my own pinboard, everything about it. It is a beautiful site. It strikes me as a blend of ThisNext (of which I have been a member for years) and Tumblr. Although my Tumblr is more personal, I have seen many people use it as a site for sharing their inspirations. On Pinterest I can do the same thing but I do not have to write any recommendations. I can just pin the things that I like to my board, just as one would do with a real inspiration board. I am going to really enjoy adding things to it.

I love Victoria's blog. It is just so gorgeous and she keeps it chock-full of eye candy. She is a genius for putting these blogger mashups together.

It is my pleasure to share my humble pinboard with you. But first, a few quiet, personal images of what home means to me.











And now, here is the link to my pinboard! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Dennice {Fringe} said...

What wonderful, magical images! Thank you so much for sharing this part of your life. What a delight!

Dennice
xo

Paul said...

Great post. I'm one of the founders of Pinterest, so thanks for the kind words. If you ever have questions, comments or suggestions, shoot me a note at paul [at] pinterest [dot] com. We'd love to hear from you.

And, man, what cute kids!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments! And yes, I will be spending a lot of time at Pinterest. I really like it.