Wednesday, March 31, 2010

day 202: it's got me thinking.

Got some lovely little bowls at Target. Yay. They make me happy.

And this weather makes me happy.

And yesterday made me happy! I went to the meet-up group, and got to meet Tasra, and she was awesome and fabulous just as I suspected she would be. But I also got to meet Dane Sanders! He was the speaker for the meeting! And it was aMAYzing. I am going to share some of the notes from the meeting. I have been running over and over these points in my head and just letting them sink in.

-You are NOT what you do.
-You are NOT what you have.
-You are NOT what people say about you.

-If you want to stand out in a crowd, you need to be who YOU are. YOU ARE MORE THAN YOU THINK.

-Perfectionism demands perfection. Excellence demands failure after failure, on the road to something new.

-If you don't stand out, why be in the picture??

These are just some of the points that Dane was making, and it was all really hitting home for me. I feel like I've been lit on fire or something. In a good way.

Digital Field Guide: I know this wasn't technical stuff, but I seriously re-read my notes from the meeting and just reflected on what was said, changing my mindset on some things.

Images: looked through some images on my Nikon School app.

No comments: