Tuesday, March 16, 2010

negative space.

The last few days I have been getting caught up organizing photos and categorizing them into different folders.

As I have been doing this, I have noticed several of my photos catch my eye for a specific reason. They seem to have more negative space (or as much negative space) in them as they do an image. And, I kinda like it.

Okay. I like it a lot.

Now, I'm not saying that this is my style or anything, because honestly, I still don't really know what my style is. Maybe I'll pose that question to you. All I do know right now is, I take a lot of pictures, with Niki or my iPhone, that have a lot of negative space. I'm sure that's probably breaking some sort of composition rule. I don't care.

I've decided to share a handful of these photos with you. Just Niki shots; no iphonearoids.














2 comments:

georgia b. said...

oh, my! that last shot is wonderful! i came via your shutter sisters comment.

these are all really neat! your photography reminds me a lot of the kinds of pictures i like to take.

can i feature that last photo on my blog called "...shhhh"?
http://asofterspace.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!!