Monday, April 04, 2011

confessions. and hopes.

This post won't be long. I promise.

I am sitting here trying to motivate myself to make my vlog for the past week. I apologize to all of you; I have not felt like doing it. Spring Break has hit me with a desire to really BREAK. From just about everything, save cooking and homeschooling my kids.

I have continued to shoot, and need to upload a wagon-load of images tonight so that I can complete my Project 52 post. It will be a day late, but it will be done.

I have spent most of the month fighting to hold on to the peace of the Lord. It has been so tempting to writhe my hands in worry... about my mother, about other family drama that has presented itself the past couple of weeks, et cetera. Some days are better than others. But I am always conscious of my goal: to strive to enter the rest of the Lord. That is the only striving I am ever to do.

I am never without hope. And I have good reason to continue in that hope; my mother has lasted a month when I was told she most likely wouldn't last a week. She is eating more, and seems more aware. She held my hand so tightly yesterday evening when we went to visit her, and I didn't want to let go.

And new opportunities are coming my way. That's always welcome. Photographic opportunities, as well as musical opportunities. Mind you, I will not be taking on things at the expense of my family time, but I think some of these things will be great creative outlets, as well as a means to add a few more dollars to my little change purse. Again, always welcome.

I have been remiss in posting my crock pot meals. My deepest apologies. Three weeks ago I roasted a whole chicken. It was delicious, but wasn't cooked in the crock pot. Two weeks ago we went out to eat. Last week, I did cook in my crock pot. Barbecued pork ribs. I will write a little about it this coming Wednesday, as I am not sure I will be cooking that day.

And. I have gone on with my homeschooling and have shared precious little. Gah. I must remedy that this week.

I do have a lot to say and share; it's just that at times (more often than not here lately) I am so jumbled in my thoughts and emotions that I don't know where to start. And I am not going to front like everything is okay.

But everything is okay. At this moment. So I will take that and run with it and try to get this Project 52 post finished tonight.

While watching the basketball game.

Many blessings to you all, my tens of readers.

2 comments:

Candra Georgi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. Jarrett said...

Please know that you, your mother, and your family are in my prayers, Natalyn ~