Friday, January 29, 2010

photog crushing: a (possibly) new feature.

I've decided to start a new feature here. I'm not sure how often I'll do it, but for now I'll say once a month.

I've compiled a short list of photographers on whose work I am currently crushing, and am going to share that list with you, bit by bit.

This month the two links that I am going to share with you are probably my absolute favorite photographers right now. Photographers whose work is so sublime, every picture that I see leaves me thinking, "Dang. I wish I had taken that picture." Or, "Wow. That is so amazing. I wish I had taken that picture." Or, "Oh my gosh that is so freaking beautiful I wish I had taken that picture." Or, "So what? I don't care! I can do it too! I'm drinking... photography milk and I'm gonna get big and strong and THEN I can take pictures like that!"

Yep, all of those thoughts run through my head when I gaze at the work of these two photographers. I'm always just like, really? Are you kidding me? Get OUT. So stinkin' gorgeous it's just not right.

It's also not right that I totally feel like a stalker.

Link Number One: Alicia Bock Photography. Yes. I've mentioned her already a few times on this blog. With good reason. Her work is amazing. Seriously. aMAYzing.

Link Number Two: Irene Suchocki, of isphotography. Yes. I've mentioned her already a few times on this blog. With good reason. Her work is incredible. Seriously. IncreĆ­ble.

And yes, I pretty much repeated myself with that second link. With good reason. I can't decide which one is my ultimate favorite right now. I look at the work of both of these photographers and am instantly inspired and motivated to do more and enchanted by the beauty of it all and completely jealous of their talent and totally best friends with them in my head.

So there you have it. My two photog crushes for the month. Two more links at the end of February.

No comments: