Wednesday, July 28, 2010

day 319: lightning.

There have been about five teenagers who have been struck by lightning in the city this past week. A couple of them died. It's shocking (no pun intended at all) and scary.

I've noticed the lightning a lot more lately. It could be because of the recent news items. It could also be because I was stuck in my car for about fifteen minutes (right next to my back door) a couple of weeks ago, waiting for this mega-storm (with some pretty terrifying lightning) to die down. My family were all in the house, waiting for me to come in with some pizzas I had picked up. I was not getting out. I would have sat in my car for an hour if I needed to, but I was not getting out. Large bolts of lightning were striking everywhere around me. I ain't no punk.

So here was this evening's sky. Ominous. And rife with lightning. I kept trying to catch some with Niki, but to no avail. Bummer.

Digital Field Guide: another page in Niki's manual.

Images: Yvette Inufio on Flickr

No comments: