Sunday, September 24, 2006

day of the dead.

My pastor gave quite a good butt-kicking sermon this morning. It was all about how we so often get our focus off of the Lord and onto ourselves, onto what's wrong with us, onto changing things about ourselves. That's pointless; why try to change a person who's supposed to be DEAD?

Being dead to Christ means there is nothing left to focus on but HIM, not us. We focus on how we can do all things through HIM who strengthens us. We focus on how nothing is impossible with HIM. If we yield completely to HIM and DIE to ourselves, He can and will use us in incredible ways. We begin to look more and more like HIM as we keep our focus on HIM. That's how we are changed from glory to glory. That's why there is liberty where His Spirit is, which is in us.

I cannot put it quite like my pastor did, and something is definitely lost in my delivery where the humor is concerned. I'll see if I can learn how to link to audiofiles of his messages. They are definitely worth hearing and applying.

We finally finished moving out of our old apartment and into our new apartment yesterday. It feels so good to finally be finished. It's so hard when you've got a baby! I kept asking the Holy Spirit to help me put one foot in front of the other when we were having to load the last bit of stuff (mostly the kitchen). He did, and gave me the energy I needed to finish the task. Now I'll just need help unpacking everything. Ugh. One box and one bag at a time. Once that's done, I can get on with decorating and making it "home." I've got a lot of ideas; let's see if they look as good off-paper as they do on.

No comments: