Sunday, October 01, 2006

reality tv.

I'm not a big reality TV watcher.

...Well, let me make sure that's true before I say that.

Let's see...I've watched (and enjoyed):

  • The Amazing Race (great show)
  • Fear Factor (back when it was super-popular)
  • The Real World (some seasons, when I was in college)
  • America's Next Top Model (I think the first two seasons, marathon-style on VH-1)
  • American Idol (okay. I'm pretty much addicted to that.)

So that makes five reality shows of which I've seen multiple episodes. Considering how many reality shows are on the tube these days, I would say that's not too bad.

Until now.

I think I'm officially addicted to another show. I say this because, in the last twenty-four hours, I have gotten completely caught up on this show's entire season, and am going through slight withdrawal for the final episode. Even my husband (who can't stand stuff like this), after asking "What is this crap you're watching?" was sucked into its vortex, and is now anticipating the final installment with me.

What show has us all twisted up in the game like this? PROJECT RUNWAY. YIKES.

Just thatquickly we were in all too deep. And it's all because of better cable (we couldn't get the Bravo channel in our old apartment, for some strange reason) and Tivo, which is, like, the best invention EVER.

So, we'll be tuning in, or Tivo-ing in, with bells on, to see who wins. We hope it's Michael. Way to represent the A, Michael!

2 comments:

pearlie said...

hehe ... i am pretty hooked to some reality shows too but more of the singing kind - American Idol and Rockstar (INXS and Supernova).

Unknown said...

american idol is standard required fare at our house. i think because i am a singer and my husband likes to sing we just really get into it.