Monday, September 21, 2009

the flood of '09.

Today was rather frightening.

I've been in floods before. When I was a little girl, there was a tiny creek behind our house and it flooded two or three times during my childhood. It was scary then. None of that compares to what went on today.

Several major freeways were closed due to severe flooding, including I-75, which was pretty much a lake. It looked so bad I couldn't believe my eyes. And having to drive through a small flooded area left me a little anxious. I remembered though that God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind, and that helped me snap out of it and remain in peace around my children. We made it home after several hours, at which time I promptly made some cheese and onion enchiladas. And some black beans. Comfort food rocks. And it really is comforting.

No comments: