Monday, January 03, 2011

one little word.

In 2010, my One Little Word was Fearless.


Annnnd I didn't quite live up to that word the entire year.

Fear has always been the main vampire that tries to creep into my life. I've slain it many times, in many different situations, but it seems to morph into some new, uglier iteration of itself and sneak back in.

Well, this year, instead of beating myself up over the times when I totally entertained it instead of putting my foot up its ass and sending it flying out the door, I am going to remind myself of the many times last year that I totally did kick fear in the teeth, and keep those reminders in the forefront of my mind. I know that God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. As I continue to meditate on that truth, I will continually experience freedom from the bondage of fear and do the things that I am called to do in complete confidence.

It is my intention to remain conscious of this freedom that I already have and walk in it every day, thus eliminating fear from my life permanently. The key is to remember that I really do already have the freedom, because I have a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. If I already have that, it means that I am already

free.

1 comment:

Faith said...

my bible studies last night was about this: "I know that God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind"

it is something that this is your post today. praying that you have that sound mind that you desire!