Monday, December 13, 2010

community.

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)


There are a few communities that I discovered this year that have helped inspire and motivate me. The community that Tasra Dawson built through her Project365 last year was awesome. Through that I was able to make a few new, wonderful friends, Tasra herself being one of them. I've also met some fabulous people through a couple of online blog communities and art communities. And since I started my "unofficial" hair growth challenge a few months ago, I have been slowly discovering the immense natural hair community and meeting some lovely ladies through it.


These are all places where I hope to make more contributions and friends, and build the relationships that have already been formed. I am glad that I have been able to get to know so many gifted people. I'd also like to meet more home cooks, more homeschooling moms that have children that are my children's age, and musicians. Maybe I'll even start my own online community: homeschooling photographer musician artist mothers who cook and sing and love opera and jazz and literature and art journaling. And mid-century modern design. And wearing afros.
Haha. I'm thinking I might be the only one in that community.

No comments: