Wednesday, December 29, 2010

a real break.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Our Christmas was lovely, in spite of a bad case of strep throat, which I caught last week. My throat started really hurting the Sunday before Christmas, when we were in Ohio. By Monday, I couldn't talk, had a fever as well as aches all over, and my throat was swollen beyond recognition. And, of course, it hurt to swallow. Bad timing, since that Monday was my wedding anniversary.

Needless to say, I was miserable, and in a lot of pain. I was taking 400 mg of Ibuprofen every couple of hours, just to take some of the edge off. But I had little energy to do anything, least of all blog.

I still have several days of antibiotics to take, and there's a tiny but of soreness left in my throat, but I feel a lot better. I wasn't expecting to take a break from blogging, but the illness kind of forced my hand. (Now I'm marveling at the fact that I did any blogging at all during the holidays last year. Things were pretty hectic then, and they were pretty hectic last week.) I couldn't bail from the family gatherings and the last-minute shopping, but everything else definitely took a back seat.

I will spend the next few days catching up on some of the December Daily and Reverb '10 posts. I plan to be caught up with those by New Year's Eve, plus I want to share some highlights of this season (meaning Autumn going into Winter) with you. And I look forward to connecting with many of you again.

No comments: