Thursday, December 09, 2010

let go.

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)


This year, I have attempted to let go of fear.


My One Little Word for 2010 is 'Fearless.' 


I've done pretty well most of the year, especially since I felt like the crappy beginning of the year kind of forced me into walking fearlessly.


By the middle of the year, however, I suffered a minor setback that had me doubting my abilities as a photographic artist and wondering if I should even be trying to build a business. My husband helped me snap out of it, and I continued to promote my business in the small ways I was already doing.


But in the back of my mind, those seeds of doubt still tried to take root and grow, and it has been an uphill battle for me since August. I had a road map in place, some plans to promote my business in new, larger ways, and I followed through with none of them. None of them.


Sigh.


Soooo, needless to say, I have failed in living up to my one little word this year. I don't think I am going to repeat it next year though. The past couple of months I have been thinking a lot about the things that hold me back and keep me from doing what I believe I have been given a gift to do. I am done being fearful of rejection or failure. I am just going to press forward in this new year and let the chips fall where they may, and maybe there will be some success. Regardless, I will not let fear continue to dictate my actions anymore.

No comments: