Wednesday, November 10, 2010

art every day month, day ten.

More writing! I was not expecting that I would be writing so much poetry and whatnot, but I have written quite a bit. I finally somehow had a fire lit up under me where Ladybug's Book of Colors was concerned, and this week for my music classes at Master's Academy I wrote a small opera. I will share the text for the very simple aria that I wrote for it. I had my students sing the recitative, then I sang the aria while one of the students lip-synched.


Our ears ring with the sounds of Heaven,
Stirring our hearts to sing.

Our ears ring with the sounds of Heaven,
Oh, what joy music can bring!

Gift from above,
Wonder of God,
Music is food for the soul.

Our hearts do sing
the joy that it brings,
Making the spirit
whole.


I hope you all are having a fabulous Wednesday. It is absolutely gorgeous outside. Sigh.

No comments: