Tuesday, August 03, 2010

day 327: ohhhh...

I know. It's the sky again.

I can't help it, people! It's been looking so darned a MAY zing every day for the last SEVERAL days and well, I just can't help it.

It amazes me even more than flowers.

Don't get me wrong, I think flowers are absolutely gorgeous, but if you have read my blog for any period of time you know that I am not a HUGE flower photographer. Sometimes they really do get to me and I just have to do it, snapping away, like I did in the Springtime. But in general, I don't do flowers all that much.

But the sky. Ohhhhh the skyyyyyy.

It's reminding me of the song that's very popular right now by B.o.B. called "Airplanes."

"can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky
are like shooting stars
i could really use a wish right now, wish right now,
wish right now."

I have been singing that song a lot over the last couple of months. I want to do a cover of it with my son (who has been so busy with all of his OWN stuff he has precious little time for his dear mama and all of the projects SHEEEE wants to do) and maybe we'll get around to it next week. I'm itching to post another YouTube video. But anyway, back to the skyyyyyy...

Sigh.

It also makes me think of just how big God is. Which is, a lot bigger than I can imagine without my brain starting to hurt. And then THAT reminds me of a song that I wrote about six years ago...

"God is a mystery
I cannot wrap my mind around Him
I am so small
Life is so small
And He is so big

God of the universe
How can we begin to fathom Him
The pupil of his eye could be the size
of the Milky Way
He is so big

So let us breathe in the mystery
Of the Holy One, whoa
Let us breathe in the mystery
Of our Father God, whoa"

Yeah. That's pretty much what the sky does to me.

Digital Field Guide: another page in Niki's manual.

Images: Perou

No comments: