Wednesday, August 04, 2010

day 328: homeschooling.

Back in 2006, I started three blogs: this one, a music one, and one called The Day School where I would share my homeschool adventures. I got bored with that one very quickly and left it alone, and focused on this one. That's not to say that I haven't had any homeschooling adventures; I just haven't felt so inclined to write about them. Every now and then I play around with the idea of journaling there again, but, ho hum...

I started school with my little ones this week. The first week of school is always so exciting. My oldest starts next week, and he'll be in eighth grade.

Meanwhile, my little Rock Star is doing Kindergarten. We are easing into everything, only doing reading instruction and picture study and reading lots of books this week. Next week we'll add math and other things. He is so excited! He wants to do more once we're finished.

And my little Ladybug is having a ball right alongside him, learning the letter sounds and recognizing them as fast as he does! I love it.

She still grabs her books and brings them to me to read to her every day. This one is one of her favorites. You can tell that we've read it a LOT.

Digital Field Guide: a page in Niki's manual

1 comment:

Cleverly Changing said...

I would love to read about your home schooling adventures. I found your site on the Mom loop and so I stopped by. I will be returning. CleverlyChanging.com