Thursday, September 23, 2010

crock pot wednesday: peach salsa chicken.

I realize I'm sharing my Crock Pot Wednesday post on Thursday. That may happen quite a bit. Sometimes Wednesdays leave me so drained that I just do not feel like blogging.

But I did cook. And dinner was great. I made peach salsa chicken.

Here are my ingredients.


I did not pay attention when I bought the chicken thighs. These were not boneless. Not a huge deal, but I definitely would rather not have to pick through bones in my soup.

Anyway, I used two cans of peaches, which I poured over the chicken after I put it in the pot. Then I added the salsa, sprinkled a bit of salt over everything, and a jar-full of water. And set it to cook for eight hours.

When we got home, I cooked the vegetables in a separate pot. I was not prepared for how spicy they would be, so I ended up doing a pot of rice as well so that my little ones could eat that instead of the spicy vegetables. I spooned some chicken, peaches, and juice over the rice and it was excellent. The kids all loved it, as did I. I had my bestie over for dinner too and she also enjoyed it.

The only thing I think I will do differently next time (besides using boneless chicken thighs, of course) is add the peaches the last hour. I think they might retain even more of their sweetness that way.

And now, to decide what will be the meal for next week's Crock Pot Wednesday.

13 comments:

Candra Georgi said...

brought my crockpot, but haven't used it yet, when it cools off maybe i'll be "in the mood" ha ha. for sure, going to try your recipes first!

i totally write my thankful thursdays so late it's friday when i'm done [hence again tonight]

candra

Candra Georgi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow! This sounds awesome. Stopping from Mom Loop! I am now following.

Unknown said...

Hi,

I'm following you via Mom Loop
Have a great weekend!

Amiko
http://mynameamiko.blogspot.com

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

Looks great! I'm stopping by and commenting from Mom Loop!

Also, feel free to stop by on Wednesdays for What's Cooking Wednesdays to share a recipe!

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Melissa said...

I just bought a crock pot a few days ago and am really excited to use it. I also bought a slow cooker recipe book and will be starting Slow Cooker Saturday on my blog tomorrow. This recipe looks really good, and I'll have to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

Stopping by from Follow Friday. :)

L. Eleana Johnson said...

Hi Natalyn, this sounds really good. I wished you had attached pics of the finished dish. My husband sat our crockpot on top of the washer while it was on, so you know what happened right? It vibrated right off onto the floor...pieces were everywhere. Now, it's fall, and I need a crockpot so I can try this recipe.

Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!

Just Me said...

Ooh... I am going to have to try this reciep this weekend! I have everything needed already. Healthy and budget-wise. Smart lady!

Jersey Diva Mom said...

This sounds really good. New follower! Always looking for crockpot recipes. It's a working mom's best friend for homecooked dinners!

laughwithusblog said...

Oh man that looks wonderful! I'm your newest follower from the Mom Loop! :)

Ginger Jones said...

OH this looks wonderful! I would like to invite you to check out the crock pot recipes at Crock Pot Recipe Exchange http://t.co/mWr71gd There is even Slow Cooking Saturdays Recipe Swap. I truly hope you'll consider participating! I'm truly inspired to see you committing to using your crock pot. Keep up the good work :)

Unplanned Cooking said...

I love making pot roasts + stews in our crock pot. Still haven't fired it up this season yet. Soon...

Unknown said...

Hi,

I have given you the One Lovely Blog Award because your blog is lovely and it would love for you to stop by and pick up your award.

Have a wonderful day!

Amiko

http://mynameamiko.blogspot.com