Sunday, October 18, 2009

falling on the rock.

This has been quite a harrowing week.

Every day, there was some negative news of some kind.

I found myself racked with anxiety and worry.

Losing sleep.

Entertaining nervous habits.

Entertaining depression, even.

That is never a good thing.

How quickly I forgot. It's alarming just how quickly I forgot.

The Kingdom of Heaven for me is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

RIGHTEOUSNESS. PEACE. JOY.

That is what I own. I never have to give it up. I can daily humble myself under the mighty hand of God, casting all my cares on Him, because He cares for me.

He CARES for me.

HE CARES FOR ME.

With that knowledge, what on earth have I to worry about? Why on earth would I ever entertain anxiety, nervous habits, or depression for one second? Either He cares for me or He doesn't. I know the truth. Let God be true and every man a liar.

I know how to keep from forgetting. Falling on the Rock. Every day. Better to fall on the Rock and be broken (humble, and thus exalted and given grace), than to have the Rock fall on me and be crushed (pride always goes before a fall).

I am reminded. And I am looking forward to a new day filled with righteousness, peace, and joy.

No comments: