Sunday, October 11, 2009

finishing what i've started.

Here I am, with the finish line of my 30-day challenge in my sight, and I am a bit amazed that I am actually finishing it! I am hard pressed to remember the last thing that I started (that wasn't an obligation) that I actually finished. Really. Everything I do is some sort of obligation. Not necessarily all bad obligations, but obligations nonetheless. I can recall different projects I've started over the past few years, and I have not finished them. But doing this has lit a real fire up under me, to actually follow through on at least one or two of the other projects. And that's exactly what I am going to do.

Not only that, but I've decided to continue with the photo challenge, and turn it into a 365-day project. I remember seeing those on Flickr a couple of years ago and thinking, "Hey...I should do that." Well, now's as good a time as any, and here I am already about 30 days into it!

So, from now until 11 September 2010 (11 September is the day I began this challenge), I will have a photo to share, either completely un-edited or processed in some way. Either with Niki (yes my D40 has a name, and it's Niki), or my iphone. I will still read something in my Digital Field Guide each day and share another photographer's work for inspiration.

And I will still blog about other things here too, since this is my only maintained blog now and I'd like to keep it that way for simplicity's sake.

My photography is bound to improve in a year's time, right?

Right.

No comments: