Sunday, October 11, 2009

photography challenge, day 25.

Photography has, very quickly and unexpectedly, crept up on me and made me fall head over heels in love with it. Over the last year it has grown into a full-blown passion, and it has me über-excited. Be that as it may, it is not my first earthly, non-human love. Music is.

I am becoming a photographer, a person who loves photography, a person who does photography.

I am a musician. It is beyond what I love or what I do. It is who I am.

I don't wake up wanting to sing. I wake up singing.

My guitar is always near, my flute is always near, my keyboard is always near. And now, my camera is always near. However, I am still in the stage of needing inspiration for pictures. Not so with music. I think in songs.

I am so psyched to grow in this new passion and see where it takes me, but I wonder if it, too, can become just who I am? Time will tell.

Until that time, I continue to learn. All kinds of new information. Pages 47-50 in my Digital Field Guide. About using the retouch menu. THIS is cool.

For inspiration, I really enjoyed looking at the work of Raya Carlisle today. I would describe her work as, "sunny."

Props to Tasra Dawson for hosting this challenge!

No comments: